Friday, September 18, 2009

A night out

Mark and I went out tonight, and decided that we really should have a "real" babysitter. Up to this point, my mother always watches Jacob while I'm working or if we go out. So we found a High School girl willing to watch our little monster and made plans to go the the Rotary event at the dirt track. Yes, we went to the dirt races. And we sat in the VIP room. But that's another story all its own.

Back to the babysitter. First of all, it was really, REALLY strange to hire a babysitter. We are actually at that point in our lives where we are hiring a sitter. Man, we're old!

Anyways. She was wonderful. Jacob had no problem staying with her when we left. But he wasn't perfect. When we came home we asked how he did.

Sitter: "He was good."
Us: "Did he go to sleep well?"
Siter: "Yeah... but there was something. I didn't want to call you, but..."

"...When I was changing his diaper he ran away and peed in his closet."
Us: "He WHAT?"
Sitter: "He peed in the closet. The cat was in there too and he went running out and I said 'oh, buddy, no!' He just peed. I tried to blot it up. I didn't know what to do."
Us: (sheepishly) "He's never done that before."
I'm not sure if she believed us.
We are completely mortified. We're now those parents who have the ill-behaved kid that pees in the closet. Great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what makes you think that never happened when your Mom was babysitting, & she was just too embarrassed to tell you?
LOL
Love the blog - keep up the good work.
Aunt JoAnn