I suppose that I have to start out this post by admitting that I have very poor church attendance. Terrible. Poor Jacob's sticker chart for attendance in Sunday School is very spotty.
It's not that I don't like going to church. Because I do. There's something comforting about sitting in the same pew I have since childhood, listening to the same hymns, surrounded by the same people.

It's just that we're a busy family and when Sunday morning rolls around there are so many distractions. Like homemade pancakes. And trips to Lowes. And... stuff. But I really do need to get better at taking the kids to church.

Luckily there was incentive this past Sunday. Church service followed by a pool party!
We couldn't pass that offer up. Especially since J finally learned to swim this weekend (as well as any 3-year-old wearing a life vest can, that is). J has turned into a fish, and is much more comfortable in the water.

K swam too, although she was more interested in picking up Goldfish off the ground to feed the dog.
The kids has a great time. I even got a chance to relax a bit.

Wouldn't it be fun if church was like this every Sunday?
No comments:
Post a Comment