I am definitely a pool person. I like to be able to see the bottom when I swim, and to not see any fish in there with me.
But when we were offered the chance to spend the afternoon on the lake with our friends, who am I to stand in the way of the kids having fun? Sure, the water isn't even 60-degrees yet, but kids don't seem to notice extreme temperatures. So did they swim? You bet they did.
We started the afternoon having lunch on dry land at the Marina. Then we were off, joining our friends on their party boat as we headed out into the lake.
It was a rough day, but the kids didn't mind at all. They were too busy trying to catch fish with J's little fishing pole.
That didn't meet with any success so we headed to the waters off Kershaw Park. The waves were much calmer here so we soaked up the sun while the kids headed into the water on the giant raft.
They were on and off the raft (and in the water) all afternoon long! And it was COLD in the water!
But eventually we had to head home. The kids were melting by the time we got back to our car, the sign of a great day.
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
10 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment