I had to admit that as I get older I like the snow and cold less and less. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why we continue to live in an area of the country that is covered in snow 5 months out of the year.

But I do like the changing of the seasons, and Christmas wouldn't seem like Christmas without the snow. And of course, the tree.

And it's cheating if your Christmas tree comes pre-cut. Or worse still- out of a box. No, it's not really a Christmas Tree unless you're trudging through 3-foot high snowbanks in 7 degree weather arguing about what is "too tall" for your living room.

We do have a fake tree for the front window, which we decorated shortly after Thanksgiving. J was very helpful... kind of. The tree has about a hundred ornaments right at his level, and the top is completely bare. What do you expect from someone three feet tall?
Then there is the OTHER tree. A gum drop tree was something I always had as a kid growing up. I'm sure my mother is now getting revenge on that sneaky little girl with the sugar tooth that was always stripping the tree bare behind her back. Because that girl now has a gum drop devouring monster for a son.

We went to Santa's big arrival in downtown this year. Last year J was scared of him and refused to get within 10-feet of the big guy. This year he jumped out of Mark's arms and ran down the sidewalk to give him a hug. Perhaps he figured out the fat-red-man-presents connection.

We didn't get a chance to visit with Santa during his first day in residence, but we'll be back soon.

We're all looking forward to a busy December. And we wouldn't have it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment