
This past weekend we all went up to the Rochester Museum and Science Center as a family. We just recently went to Strong Museum of Play, so we thought we'd give the science museum a try.

There was a lot of interactive exhibits for the kids to play with, but they were on the young side to really understand much of it. And the rest of the museum was definitely over their heads.

I was most surprised to find that I remember some of the exhibits. I haven't been to this museum since I was probably 10-years-old, but that vignette of the little boy getting his tooth pulled out by the dentist is STILL there.

In fact, a lot of the exhibits from 20 years ago are still there. Not a lot has changed or improved over the years. Even the interactive kids area is in pretty poor condition. Mark was endlessly frustrated that the boat in the working lock system wouldn't drive properly.

All in all we were done with the entire three floors in under two hours. We'll probably wait a few years until we return. Hopefully by then the kids will have a better understanding of science. And maybe the place can get a much-needed upgrade.
No comments:
Post a Comment