Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Field Trip to the Grape Farm

You may already know, but J started preschool this year. He's been there about 3 weeks so far, and is doing amazingly well. The preschool is fantastic. The teachers are amazing, the pastor of the church where the preschool is held comes into class frequently, and they are teaching the kids more than I could have hoped for.

He loves it. And I love hearing his stories when he comes home at night.
They also go on pretty cool field trips.
This week I was lucky enough to accompany J to the grape farm in Bristol. My main reason for taking off time from work is that I was worried about what unknown parent might end up driving my child. And, well, I heard there were going to be cookies involved.
We met J's classmates in the vineyard. There they watched a grape picker in action, rode in the back of a gator, picked grapes off the vine, watched grapes get dumped into a crusher, and of course sample some of the grapes.To end the day, there was fresh grape juice and purple frosted cookies. Both were a hit- obviously! For mommy and J both!

No comments: